Terms and Conditions
General Terms and Conditions
We are John White (Northampton) Ltd, Westbury House, Unit F, Bury Close, Higham Business Park, Higham Ferrers, Northants, NN10 8HQ, Company Registration Number 03679619, Registered VAT Number 724 4608 40, Registered Office: 30A Mill Street, Bedford, MK40 3HD.
These terms and conditions relate to goods which we offer for purchase from our online store www.johnwhiteshoes.com. Please read these terms and conditions, which relate to the use of this site and the supply of goods to you by ourselves John White (Northampton) Ltd.
- Your Contract for purchases made through www.johnwhiteshoes.com is with John White (Northampton) Ltd and you undertake that all goods ordered by you are for your own private and domestic use only and not for resale.
- You must be 16 years old or over to use this site, we will not enter into contract with any persons under this age.
- You agree that all details provided by yourselves for the purpose of ordering or purchasing goods are true, accurate and current; and that all credit, debit or PayPal details used by yourself are your own and that there are sufficient funds in your account to cover payment of the product(s) ordered.
- It is a criminal offence to use a false name or a known invalid credit card to order goods. Anyone caught wilfully entering an erroneous or fictitious ordering will have their details passed onto the Police.
- John White Ltd tracks the “Electronic fingerprints” of every order placed and rigorously checks all card payments, from time to time you may be contacted by ourselves if a purchase made on a card shows up a discrepancy, this is for you own protection to ensure a fraudulent transaction has not been made on your behalf.
- During the registration process, you must enter a valid E-mail address as a user name and create your own password, you are responsible for all actions taken under that user name and password, you must only purchase goods under your own user name and password, and it is a criminal offence to purchase goods under another person’s details.
- If you feel your account has been compromised it is your responsibility to report it immediately to John White (Northampton) Ltd, details can be found in our Contacts section of the site. John White will not be held liable for misused accounts which have not been reported.
John White (Northampton) Ltd reserves the right to terminate any account without notice which it feels.
- Has provided false personal information.
- Entered invalid or false payment details.
- Engaging in fraudulent or illegal activity.
Indemnity – You agree to reimburse John White (Northampton) Ltd for any reasonable and foreseeable losses, costs and expenses that we incur as a result of a breach of these Conditions caused either by yourself or by someone that you have permitted to use your John White Ltd web site shopping account.
Privacy and Security – At John White (Northampton) Ltd we take your privacy and security very seriously our servers are fully security protected to ensure any information entered by yourself is safe and all your purchase information retained securely, we do not store any payment information; all information regarding payments is done whilst connected directly with the RBS secure payment World Pay site, we will never ask you for personal information about your account or log in details via E-mail, if you receive unsolicited mail asking for information please contact us on the telephone number you will find on our contacts page immediately.
Please see our privacy notice for more information.
Ordering – When ordering direct from www.johnwhiteshoes.com you are entering into a contract with us where we the supplier are committed to provide you with the best service we can, all goods sent direct are thoroughly checked before despatch to ensure quality is assured and you are receiving the very best product.
All orders are subject to acceptance and stock availability, availability information for goods is listed on each individual product description, in the unfortunate event goods are found to be unavailable after you have ordered we will contact you to either offer an alternative product or give you a date to when the product will become available, you will not be charged for the product until product has been despatched.
Promotional Codes – Promotional codes are offered to social media followers, newsletter subscribers, competition entrants and other, further offers are available and sent to or our news letter subscribers. In order to receive these codes on a regular basis just click on the links of enter your e-mail address in our news letter sign up section (Please read our Privacy notice).
Only one promotional code can be redeemed against any one order, you can though use the code more than once providing it is within the promotional date set, once a promotional date has passed the offer will not be redeemable or honoured. Promotional codes cannot be used on product which our out of stock at the time the promotion is on.
Payment – John White Ltd accepts most major credit / debit cards
- Visa Electron
All these payments are powered by “RBS World pay”; Fraud screening and filtering is completed before authorisation is given by the card issuer. If for any reason the issuer has rejected payment (this could be a very simple reason) we will contact you to try to resolve the issue so we can complete your transaction smoothly.
We also accept Pay Pal – this option is available on the payment screen.
We do not accept payment by personal cheque or by postal order.
Delivery – All deliveries are subject to authorisation of payment and stock availability.
UK and Northern Ireland
All orders sent within the UK and Northern Ireland are delivered Free of Charge.
John White endeavour to get your goods to you as quickly as we can after purchase, Main land UK, Wales and Scotland we send via DPD on a next day delivery service, the term next day applies to the time payment has been authorised; if you purchase your product online on either Friday, Saturday or Sunday goods will normally be despatched on the following Monday, deliveries to the Scottish Highlands and Northern Ireland may take a little longer, if you have not had delivery of your purchase within 5 days please contact us on 01933 410584.
All our deliveries require a signature, so you may prefer to have goods delivered to an alternative address such as a place of work, this can be done at time of ordering, Please note due to security reasons we are unable to change this once order has been placed.
If for any reason you are not available when the courier first calls they will leave a card, and return the goods to the Depot, one further attempt will normally be made (Unless otherwise specified on the card left, then follow instructions provided). In the unlikely event contact cannot be made and collection from the depot has not been made within 10 days, goods will be returned to John White, goods will be held until payment of £5.50 has been made for goods to be resent.
Europe and Worldwide
All products ordered overseas becomes the property of the purchaser from the time it is despatched from us in the UK, we are happy to act as your delivery agent and will arrange this on your behalf, we have looked very carefully at all delivery options for your particular region for the safest and most cost effective method, and this will be offered to you at time of purchase (all deliveries will require a signature – a tracking number can be obtained upon request) please remember to select your country region in your shopping basket, the cost of this will be added to your final total; click here to view PDF file of worldwide and EU delivery costs and carrier we offer – adding this to your basket will acknowledge you accept us to act as you agent. If you would prefer to make your own delivery arrangements please contact our office on 0044 1933 410 584 or E-mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org
All EU orders have UK tax added at current taxable rate; worldwide orders have UK tax removed, please note you the purchaser are responsible for all local duty and taxes which may occur from your import.
We will endeavour to deliver any product ordered within the EU in 7 working days, and worldwide 10 working days.
Returns – We take every effort to ensure your purchase is checked carefully prior to despatch – and we hope you are happy with your purchase.
When you have received your product (as we do not offer a fitting service) please ensure goods fit and they are entirely suitable for use, If you have purchased a product directly from our Web site (www.johnwhiteshoes.com) and are not completely satisfied with the product you have received, we’re happy to refund or replace with a more suitable product (on unused items) if they are returned within 28 days of purchase.
If you have any question regarding your return of a purchase you can contact us on 01933 410584, our team will be happy to help you with any queries.
Please complete and detach the returns note enclosed with your product, and enclose it, with your returned item, inside the original packaging, a refund cannot be issued without this information.
Returns via Post Office
Attach Returns address label enclosed with purchase, take into any Post Office branch, ensure you obtain a “Proof of Postage Receipt”; you must retain this until the goods have been credited, as this will enable your return to be tracked. Please note returning goods and not obtaining a “Proof of Postage Receipt” is at your own risk; John White will not accept liability for goods lost without a “Proof of Postage Receipt”.
Returns via Collect +
This service offers you to opportunity to take your parcel to any of the local Collect + 4200 participating stores.
Simply click on the link below and purchase a Pre-paid returns label this will normally cost for 1 pair of Shoe / Boots £4.99, they will then E-mail you a returns label, stick this on the package, and pop it into your nearest store, to find you nearest store go to www.collectplus.co.uk Enter post code into “Find your local shop” and hit search.
Please remember to obtain a “Proof of Postage” from the store and a code to track your return; you must retain this until goods have been credited; John White will not accept liability for goods lost without a “Proof of Postage”.
If you are requesting a replacement these will be sent out “Free of Charge”; refunds will refunded using the original method of payment at the purchase price paid by you.
All EU and Worldwide Returns are the responsibility of you the returner we do advise you use a method of return which requires a signature. We will not accept responsibility for any goods lost in transit.
- To strictly limit your discussions about the subject matter for which the Journal / Blogs are intended.
- Allow comments to be used in a positive manner to promote the brand and products including the name of the person leaving the comments to be used in future advertising.
- Not to submit messages to blogs that:
- Are unlawful, threatening, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent including communications that constitutes (or encourages conduct that would constitute) a criminal offence, gives rise to civil liability or otherwise violates any law.
- Violate the copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights of any other person. By submitting messages.
- Improperly assume or claim the identity, characteristics or qualifications of another person.
- Are libellous, or an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or any other third party rights.
- Are for commercial purposes or contain advertising or are intended to solicit a person to buy or sell services.
You retain all copyright in the massages that you post to our Website. On posting any message, you grant us a non-exclusive, royalty free, transferable, worldwide licence to use, adapt, modify, sublicense, transmit, distribute, publish or display the message or any part thereof as we see fit. We may also, at any time and at our sole discretion delete your message at any time without notice to you.
Postings are monitored and inappropriate materials removed nonetheless should any material appear which cause offence; we assume no responsibility for the content and will remove any material reported as offensive.
Any persons found abusing and posting inappropriate materials on the Journal or Blogs will have their account immediately removed, this will be done to maintain the integrity of the site and the enjoyment of other users.
- We reserve the right to alter, change, update information, specifications, descriptions and pricing of listed goods, products and services.
- If by error the price you have purchased your goods for was incorrect, we will inform you as soon as possible and let you know the correct price and ask if you wish to fulfil your order at this price. We shall be under no obligation to fulfil an order for a product that was advertised at an incorrect price, you will retain the right to cancel the order for a full refund.
- We have taken all measures possible to provide accurate images for each product, however due to factors like monitor colour contrasts and Internet browsers colours may appear to vary slightly and we cannot be held responsible or liable for any minor colour discrepancies between image and the actual product.
- We have taken all reasonable measures to secure and hold data in order to prevent internet fraud, all information is stored as securely and safely as possible. However, we cannot be held liable in the extremely unlikely event of a breach in our security computer servers.
- Product sold by www.johnwhiteshoes.com are for private and domestic use by the purchaser, we do not accept liability for any indirect loss, consequential loss arising from 3rd parties, should goods be passed on by the purchaser, all liability passes onto the persons passing on the goods.
- We make no warranty that this site will meet all your requirements or be error free, we will however ensure that any errors brought to our attention will be corrected immediately.
Copyright and intellectual Property – Unless otherwise stated all content on the website is owned by John White (Northampton) Ltd. Any access or use of the website for any other reason other than your personal, non-commercial use is prohibited e.g. Copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content; we will enforce any infringements of this, No parts of this site including Images, Quotes and text may be reproduced on any other Website without prior written permissions.